Agnes Moorehead, the renowned character actress, who is best remembered for her role as Endora, Samantha’s meddling mother on Bewitched was born on December 6th, 1900.
To celebrate this special occasion, I’m hosting a blogathon dedicated to the great actress, who continued to enthrall audiences with her inimitable style and unique artistry right up until her final days when she was stricken with terminal cancer.
To me, Agnes Moorehead was the quintessential actress. In a career that spanned over forty years, Moorehead explored all avenues of the entertainment industry, and succeeded in every medium she ventured into, but unfortunately, Agnes Moorehead has never received the credit she deserves, and to this day, she is largely associated with Bewitched.
In addition to Bewitched, Agnes Moorehead endured a successful tenure in motion pictures and radio. She has appeared in some of the worlds most critically acclaimed films, including, Citizen Kane. She was held in high esteem for her radio performance of Sorry Wrong Number, and along with Orson Welles, she helped form the Mercury Theatre, which ultimately led her to stardom, but apart from all that, Agnes Moorehead was an extremely gifted actress whose versatility was epitomized in everything she did.
I was lucky enough to acquire a pair of earrings that were personally owned by Agnes Moorehead, and were also worn by her in Bewitched. After receiving these priceless treasures, I knew instantly that a birthday blogathon for Agnes was on the horizon, so without further ado, let’s go onto the rules.
1. Bloggers are more than welcome to write about any topic related to Agnes Moorehead or any aspect of her life and career. If you have a subject in mind, but your unsure whether it qualifies, just run it by me.
2. Even though there are a wealth of topics to discuss, including her film, television and radio work among a large variety of other subjects, duplicates are more than welcome.
3. When: The Blogathon will be held on December 4 – 6th, 2016, so please post your entries on either of these dates.
4. If you want to write more than one entry, you’re more than welcome. However I will not be accepting links to previously published entries. All posts must be new material.
5. To express your interest in participating in the blogathon, leave a comment on my blog, along with the name and URL of your blog, and the subject you wish to cover, or you can always register by email at: email@example.com. For those of you who wish to register by email, please be sure to include the name and URL of your blog, and the topic you wish to cover. Once you get confirmation, please spread the word about this blogathon by advertising the event on your blog. Below are a few banners. Grab yourself a banner, and get ready to celebrate Agnes Moorehead and her illustrious career.
ROSTER, WITH THE LIST OF PARTICIPATING BLOGS:
In The Good Old Days Of Classic Hollywood: Agnes Moorehead as Endora on Bewitched. Second topic TBA.
The Wonderful World Of Cinema: 14 Hours ( 1951 )
A Shroud Of Thoughts: Agnes Moorehead on the radio.
The Midnight Drive In: Agnes Moorehead on The Twilight Zone ( The Invaders )
Wolffian Classic Movies Digest: Dark Passage ( 1947 )
Phyllis Loves Classic Movies: Topic to be announced.
Quack Speak Films: All That Heaven Allows ( 1955 ) and Caged ( 1950 )
B Noir Detour: Dark Passage ( 1947 )
Critica Retro: Dark Passage ( 1947 )
Thoughts All Sorts: How The West Was Won ( 1962 )