I’m thrilled to be joining my friend Robin from Pop Culture Reverie for the second time in honoring two special people in our life, my grandmother, Audrey and Robin’s mother, Margaret, who were both born in 1938. For the occasion, we have decided to host a blogathon dedicated to the films and the stars who were made in 1938.
Although 1938 saw the release of a myriad of successful films, it isn’t a year that is often recognized. As far as the movie industry is concerned, 1939 is considered to be the greatest year for movies. I certainly agree with the above statement, but I strongly feel that the previous year ( 1938 ) was just as memorable.
We hope that you can join us in celebrating this wonderful year for movies with the “Made in 1938 Blogathon”. The purpose of this event is to write about an individual movie that was released in 1938, a film personality that was born in 1938 or a film-related event that occurred in 1938. If you have chosen to write about a certain star who was born that year, please write a biography, a career retrospective, or an analysis of the person, not an assessment of one of their films.
1. Entries must cover a film released in 1938, a film personality born in 1938, or a certain motion picture event that occurred in 1938.
2. Although an array of great films were released in 1938, we have decided to allow two duplicates per person.
3. Bloggers are welcome to write more than one post if they wish. However, we are only allowing no more than three entries per person.
4. We will not accept any previously published articles. All entries must be fresh material.
5. When: The blogathon will run 16-19 January 2019. Please submit your entries on either of these dates.
6. To express your interest in participating in the blogathon, leave a comment on my blog, along with the name and URL of your blog, and the subject you wish to cover, or you can always register by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. For those of you who wish to register by email, please be sure to include the name and URL of your blog, and the topic you wish to cover. Once your topic has been approved, please choose one of the fabulous banners made by Robin and add it to your blog. We look forward to having you join us in January.
P.S. Stay tuned, as Maddy from Maddy Loves Her Classic Films and I will be hosting another exciting blogathon which will take place shortly after this event. The announcement will be published within the next week or so.
Subjects that have been claimed twice, and therefore cannot be chosen again.
Room Service & Carefree.
In The Good Old Days of Classic Hollywood: “The Sisters” and TBD.
Pop Culture Reverie: Mad About Music.
Love Letters To Old Hollywood: “Carefree” and “The Saint In New York”
The Stop Button: “The Buccaneer”
Movie Movie Blog Blog: Room Service.
Portraits By Jenni: The Amazing Dr. Clitterhouse.
Movie Rob: “A Slight Case of Murder”, “Three Comrades” and “Room Service”
The Midnight Drive-In: Flash Gordon’s Trip To Mars.
The Wonderful World of Cinema: Merrily We Live.
Wide Screen World: Rawhide.
Caftan Woman: If I were King.
Various Ramblings of a Nostalgic Italian: Christopher Lloyd, Rich Little, and Wolfman Jack.
Real Weegie Midget Reviews: Pygmalion.
Carole & Co: Carole Lombard in 1938.
The Story Enthusiast: Natalie Wood tribute.
Talk About Cinema: The Disney studio’s work in 1938.
Critica Retro: Angels With Dirty Faces.
The Flapper Dame: Vivacious Lady.
Taking Up Room: Test Pilot.
18 Cinema Lane: Shirley Temple’s 1938 films.
The Dream Book Blog: Wives Under Suspicion.
Musings Of A Classic Film Addict: Alexander’s Ragtime Band.
Overture Books and Films: Carefree.