Lauren Bacall, the tremendous actress and mystique beauty whose memorable story-book marriage to the legendary Humphrey Bogart continues to make cinematic headlines, was born on this day ( September 16th ) 1924.
In honor of her birthday, I usually host a blogathon dedicated to Lauren, but due to a hectic schedule, I haven’t found the time to announce it, and as the time was fast approaching, I came to the conclusion that her special day is the best date to make the announcement.
Lauren Bacall is an actress who is near and dear to my heart, and the thought of not creating a blogathon for her was not in my vocabulary. I am the proud recipient of a myriad of personalized autographs that were signed by Miss Bacall herself. I know this is a moment that I constantly harp on about, but the fact that I wrote to Lauren’s home address twice and received mail from her both times is something that continues to excite me. Of course, millions of people have written to stars, but I have never heard of anyone being as generous as Lauren was to me, and I am deeply touched by it.
Now that I have gotten all that out of the way, it’s time to proceed with the rules. If you are interested in joining the blogathon, please read the following.
1. This blogathon enables bloggers to write about any topic pertaining to Lauren Bacall, from her illustrious filmography, her relationship and marriage to Humphrey Bogart to her friendships and adventures. I also encourage to people to think outside the square when it comes to choosing subjects.
2. To give everyone a chance to participate, I’m allowing no more than two duplicates. I know this sounds fair, but I want to give everybody to attain the topic of their choice. Remember, the more popular the subject matter, the more likely it is to be claimed, so act fast.
3. This blogathon is a loving tribute to Lauren. All bloggers are welcome to participate, but I will not accept any post that appears derogatory or disrespectful towards Miss Bacall. Also, you are welcome to write more than one entry if you wish. However, I am limiting it to three posts per blog.
4. All contributions must be new material only. Previously published posts will not be accepted.
5. The blogathon will take place on November 20th – 22nd, which coincides with the anniversary of the release of How To Marry A Millionaire. Early entries are most welcome, but they will not be linked until the day the event commences.
6. To express your interest in participating in the blogathon, leave me a comment with your choice of topic and the name of your blog. If you wish to register by email, my email address is: email@example.com. Once you receive confirmation, please select one of the wonderful banners that were designed by Michaela, and I’ll see you in November.
In The Good Old Days Of Classic Hollywood – TBD.
Love Letters To Old Hollywood – How To Marry A Millionaire ( 1953 )
Real Weegie Midget Reviews – Appointment With Death ( 1988 )
Pale Writer – Written On The Wind ( 1956 )
Cinema Cities – The Bogart and Bacall collaborations.
Musings Of A Classic Film Addict – Young Man With A Horn ( 1950 )
Sean Munger – Murder On The Orient Express ( 1974 )
Poppity Talks Classic Film – Blood Alley ( 1955 )
The Stop Button – To Have And Have Not ( 1944 )
Critica Retro – Designing Woman ( 1957 )
The Midnight Drive-In – The Big Sleep ( 1946 )
Taking Up Room – Dark Passage ( 1947 )
Pure Entertainment Preservation Society – Lauren Bacall Costume for Film Fashion Friday.