The motion picture industry is full of criminally underrated stars, who have transmitted all their energy and infused splashes of their genius into every film they made, but yet they have never received the recognition that they so rightfully deserve.
One of Hollywood’s most protruding glaring omissions is Claire Trevor. In a career that spanned 58 years, Trevor amassed 87 acting credits, and was bestowed “The Queen of Film Noir”, after having starred in several films from the genre and receiving an Academy Award for her supporting role in Key Largo ( 1948 ). However, despite her prominent status and invaluable contribution to motion pictures, very few people seem to remember her.
After years of eluding public recognition, Claire Trevor is finally securing a position on the radar for three days in March, and just in time for her 110th birthday too. The instrumental forces behind putting Claire back in the spotlight is my friend Virginie from The Wonderful World Of Cinema and myself, who have both decided to host a blogathon dedicated to Claire Trevor.
1. Bloggers are enabled to write about anything that pertains to the life and career of Claire Trevor. There is absolutely no restriction on subjects. However, we are limiting the quantity of entries on the same topic, and we are asking that there be no more than two duplicates. Remember, the more popular the subject matter, the more likely it is to be claimed, so act fast.
2. The purpose of this blogathon is to celebrate Claire Trevor. Any post that appears derogatory or disrespectful towards Claire will not be accepted.
3. Participants are allowed to write more than one entry, but to give everyone the chance to take part in the blogathon, we are limiting it to three posts per blog.
4. All contributions must be new material only. Previously published posts will not be accepted.
5. The blogathon will take place on March 8th – 10th, 2020, which coincides with Claire’s 110th birthday on March 8th. Early entries are most welcome, but they will not be linked until the day the event commences.
6. If you wish to participate in the blogathon, please register first. Any post submitted that is not part of the event, will not be showcased.
7. To express your interest in participating in the blogathon, leave a comment on my blog or on Virginie’s blog along with the name and URL of your blog, and the subject you wish to cover. If you wish to register by email, please contact me me at: firstname.lastname@example.org. For those of you who wish to register by email, please be sure to include the name and URL of your blog, and the topic you wish to cover. Once you get confirmation, please spread the word about this blogathon by advertising the event on your blog. Please take one of these beautiful banners that were designed by Virginie, and advertise it on your blog. We look forward to seeing you in March.
SUBJECTS THAT HAVE BEEN CLAIMED THE MAXIMUM NUMBER OF TIMES
Born To Kill ( 1947 )
In The Good Old Days Of Classic Hollywood – TBA.
The Wonderful World Of Cinema – Claire Trevor in Alfred Hitchcock Presents.
Movie Rob – How To Murder Your Wife ( 1965 ), The Babe Ruth Story ( 1948 ) and Allegheny Uprising ( 1939 ).
Movie Movie Blog Blog – Born To Kill ( 1947 )
Taking Up Room – Stage Coach ( 1939 )
The Flapper Dame – Key Largo ( 1948 )
Sister Celluloid – Borderline ( 1950 )
Overture Books and Films – Murder, My Sweet ( 1944 )
The Stop Button – Dead End ( 1937 )
Caftan Woman – The Desperado’s ( 1943 )
Nitrate Diva – Born To Kill ( 1947 )
4 Star Films – Claire Trevor’s Legacy.
Shadows and Satin – Raw Deal ( 1948 )