Before donning the coveted role of Endora on the perennial television sitcom Bewitched, Agnes Moorehead garnered success in all corners of the entertainment industry and proved that her versatility transcended every genre. After she first emerged on the scene in Orson Welles 1941 epic Citizen Kane, Moorehead became one of Hollywood’s most distinguishable character actresses.
Anyone who knows me would be aware that Agnes Moorehead is permanently engraved in my heart. I’ve been in awe of this tremendous woman from the moment I first caught glimpse of her presence gracing the screen right in front of me. As the years progressed I’ve discovered that behind the meddling witch mother in law from Bewitched, was a seasoned veteran who had an extensive resume of achievements under her belt.
Back in 2016, I hosted a blogathon tribute dedicated to the legendary Agnes Moorehead, which coincided with her 116th birthday on December 6th of that year. Unfortunately, at the time, I was about to fly back home interstate to reunite with my beloved aunt, who was terminally ill with stage four cancer and passed away on New Year’s Eve – so with the rapid demise of my aunt, my mind was too preoccupied to really focus on the event.
Agnes would have been 120 this coming December 6th. For the occasion, I’ve decided to host a second edition of the blogathon. If you wish to take part in the event, there are a few rules that must be adhered to. Please read the following.
1. Bloggers are welcome to write about any topic that pertains to the life and career of Agnes Moorehead. For example, you can write about a film starring Agnes, an episode or episodes from Bewitched ( only episodes featuring Agnes as Endora are allowed ), a profile/life story, personal tribute, her radio work or her involvement with Orson Welles and the Mercury Theatre. There is absolutely no restriction on subjects.
2. Due to the diversity of the subject matter, I am only allowing two duplicates, so if you have a topic in mind act fast. If you wish to write more than one post, that’s fine. However, I am limiting it to three entries per blog.
3. To coincide with the 120th anniversary of Agnes’ birth on December 6th, the blogathon will take place on December 6th- 8th, 2020. Please submit your entries on either of these days or early if you wish. For those of you posting early, just remember that your entry won’t be linked until the event starts.
4. This blogathon is a loving tribute to Agnes Moorehead. All bloggers are welcome to participate, but I will not accept any post that appears derogatory or disrespectful to Agnes.
5. All contributions must be new material only. Previously published posts will not be accepted.
6. To express your interest in participating in the blogathon, leave a comment on my blog along with the name and URL of your blog, and the subject you wish to cover, or you can always register by email at: email@example.com. For those of you who wish to register by email, please be sure to include the name and URL of your blog, and the topic you wish to cover. Once you get confirmation, please spread the word about this blogathon by selecting one of the banners below and advertising it on your blog. Thanks in advance.