Two iconic screen legends who epitomized American cinema, Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers were a dynamic dancing duo and successful acting veterans whose names will continuously echo throughout the years.
At least everyone should have heard of Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers. The unparalleled artistry that both stars possessed, which is coupled by their enduring legacy, continue to evoke interest in today’s popular culture. In the blogasphere Fred and Ginger are among the most celebrated screen teams. It is for this reason that Michaela from Love Letters To Old Hollywood and myself have decided to launch the second addition of the Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers Blogathon, a blogging event that we hosted for the first time in July 2018.
1. This blogathon is not just restricted to the ten films that Fred and Ginger made together. The purpose of this event is to celebrate the indelible legacy and illustrious filmography of both stars. Bloggers are welcome to write about any film that starred either Astaire or Rogers or any topic pertaining to the two legends.
2. Due to the diversity of the subject matter, we are allowing no more than two duplicates per topic. I know this sounds extremely fair, but we want to give everybody the opportunity to participate. If you have a topic in mind, act fast. Also, you are welcome to write more than one entry if you wish. However, we are limiting it to three posts per blog.
3. This blogathon is a loving tribute to both Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers. All bloggers are welcome to participate, but we will not accept any post that appears derogatory or disrespectful to either star.
4. All contributions must be new material only. Previously published posts will not be accepted.
5. The blogathon will take place on December 28th – 30th, 2020. Please submit your entries on either of these days or early if you wish. For those of you posting early, just remember that your entry won’t be linked until the event starts. In case your wondering why the event takes place on dates that aren’t specifically connected to either star – the answer is that we simply wanted to end the year with a bang, and because the borders are closed I can’t fly back home interstate to visit family like I usually do – so why not celebrate all things Fred and Ginger?
6. To express your interest in participating in the blogathon, leave a comment on my blog or on Michaela’s blog along with the name and URL of your blog, and the subject you wish to cover, or you can always register by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by contacting Michaela. For those of you who wish to register by email, please be sure to include the name and URL of your blog, and the topic you wish to cover. Once you get confirmation, please spread the word about this blogathon by advertising the event on your blog. Please take one of these beautiful banners that were designed by Michaela, and advertise in on your blog. We look forward to seeing you in December.
In The Good Old Days Of Classic Hollywood – Stage Door ( 1937 ) and TBD.
Love Letters To Old Hollywood – The Barkleys Of Broadway ( 1949 )